Call for Submissions
We’re currently accepting film submissions for the 3rd annual Los Angeles Transgender Film Festival. Please forward widely! Submit your short or feature film today!
Whether you’re dealing with gender-specific issues or not, we will be screen many diverse works made by trans, genderqueer, and intersex artists and our allies, including comedy, dramedy, drama, erotica, experimental, animation, and more!
1. Accepting Feature Length and Short Films in all genres.
2. Complete the Festival Entry Form below.
3. Submit a DVD (Region 1) preview copy of your film/video. These items will be archived and will not be returned.
4. Include a CD of Stills (300 dpi, high resolution) if possible
DEADLINE: September 15th, no entry fee.
Mail items to:
TG Film Fest
c/o Reel Boi Productions
3504 White House Pl Los Angeles, CA 90004 U.S.A.
Click the link below to download the submission form.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Who are we?
TG Film Fest: The Los Angeles Transgender Film Festival was founded in 2009 to increase visibility for powerful films by trans and genderqueer filmmakers. Started in response to the lack of transgender people in the media, the TG Film Fest showcases works by established and emerging trans and genderqueer filmmakers. We promote filmmakers to new audiences with encore “best of fest” screenings at colleges and organizations throughout the year.
While you’re at it, submit to the SF trans film fest too! Our friends Shawna Virago and Sean Dorsey run the San Francisco Transgender Film Festival and they’re amazing! Submit to both!
CALL FOR ENTRIES San Francisco Transgender Film Festival
November 3-6, 2011 San Francisco, CA
The San Francisco Transgender Film Festival (SFTGFF) seeks entries for its 2011 Festival (November 3-6, 2011). SFTGFF accepts narrative, documentary, experimental, animated films and music videos. All work should be created by transgender/genderqueer people. All work submitted this year must be 20 minutes or under. Please only submit one film.
The San Francisco Transgender Film Festival, aka Tranny Fest, was founded in 1997 as the nation’s first transgender film festival. In the 14 years since, we have exhibited groundbreaking, provocative, outrageous, courageous, moving and innovative works that show the complexity of lives lived on the transgender/ genderqueer spectrum. The San Francisco Transgender Film Festival is co-presented by Fresh Meat Productions.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: September 1, 2011
Early submissions are encouraged. There is no entry fee.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM
1. Download and complete the Entry Form and print a copy.
2. Send your Entry Form and one copy of your work (DVD only) to:
SF Transgender Film Festival
c/o Fresh Meat Productions
P.O. Box 460670
San Francisco, CA 94146-0670 USA
3. Email a 300-dpi (high resolution) JPG image for your film to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We will email you notification when your submission has been received.
1. Please include all required materials when submitting your entry – don’t forget to email us a JPG for press purposes (All work must be 20 minutes or less! No exceptions).
2. We cannot return any submitted materials.
3. We will notify you if your work is accepted by September 10th.
4. Once a film is submitted, it may not be withdrawn for any reason.
5. For questions or more information, contact: email@example.com.
Call for Volunteers
The TG Film Fest is working on a fundraiser to support our next festival and could use help with online promotions. We also need help with data entry, contacting sponsors and advertisers for the festival, and promoting the call for submissions to filmmakers.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.